Site West African Resources Limited
SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER – COMMUNITY RELATIONS
EXPATRIATE – WEST AFRICA
SANBRADO GOLD PROJECT
- Employer : West African Resources (ASX: WAF)
- Location : Burkina Faso, West Africa – Expatriate role
- Salary : Expatriate Salary paid as Net US$
- Closes : May 05, 2021
- Ref : WAF_Sustainability
- Category : Environmental Engineering/Sciences
- Work Term : Permanent
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : French
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company commenced production of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.4 Mtpa Gold project and encompasses underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold).
The Project economics are robust, with an average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs.
The Company has recently acquired the 1.1Moz Toega Gold Project, which is in trucking distance of the Sanbrado operation with the aim of increasing gold production and mine life.
The Company has an Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) and follows international industry practices in its social management practices. The Community Relations Department has a dynamic team of experienced and new personnel bringing different skills. The department delivers a number of community development projects, manages social surveys and conducts regular stakeholder engagement with communities, government and civil society organisations.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Sustainability Manager to lead the Company’s community relations team.
The Sustainability Manager will lead and mentor a small team to proactively engage and manage community relationships and achieve agreed outcomes between the Company, local communities, regulators and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of and experience applying the IFC Sustainability Framework including the application of Performance Standards and other industry standards for environmental and social management.
The Sustainability Manager will lead planning and delivery of the Company Sustainability commitments and obligations under the ESMS and;
- Environmental and Social Management Plan;
- Resettlement Action Plan;
- Community Development Plan;
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan; and
- other social development and management plans and initiatives.
Key to the success of this role will be the ongoing development and maintenance of effective strategies and working relationships between the Company and its stakeholders.
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Sustainability / Community Relations professionals with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in sociology, communications, environmental sciences, sustainable development, compliance or other relevant disciplines;
- Employment history in a similar role;
- Experience working in West Africa (preferred);
- An understanding of regulatory framework relevant to social and environmental management;
- Mining / Construction / Project development experience;
- Experience in developing and implementing sustainability programs in line with international frameworks such as the IFC Sustainability Framework, UN Sustainable Development Goals, and guidelines of other industry relevant organisations (e.g. International Council on Mining and Metals);
- Bilingual – French / English;
- Proven track record in reporting and data management using internationally recognised sustainability reporting standards and public disclosure frameworks;
- Ability to develop business cases for sustainability initiatives and effectively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders to drive their implementation;
- A proven background in developing and implementing community development projects;
- Experience in stakeholder engagement, community consultation and grievance management in developing nations;
- Strong communication and consultation skills – written and verbal;
- A demonstrated ability to lead, develop and build a cohesive team;
- A competent user of Microsoft Office, GIS and relevant software.
ROSTER AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off (R&R) expatriate roster cycle.
WAF understands travel and quarantine restrictions have changed in response to the global management of the Covid-19 pandemic. Expatriate flights and travel are well managed and additional off-site R&R is being provided to compensate for mandatory quarantine periods in the expatriate domicile country to allow our team to have sufficient leave outside of the regular R&R period.
Site facilities: The Sanbrado camp is well established with new accommodation rooms and camp facilities. The camp offers an excellent range of quality food, WIFI, mobile / cell network and recreational facilities including a pool, gymnasium, multi-purpose court, and other amenities.
HOW TO APPLY
Include in the following information in your covering letter:
- Domicile / home location
- Notice period / availability to commence a new role
- Desired salary (Net US$)
- Confirm: Bilingual French / English
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) via the Company Website careers page.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website: www.westafricanresources.com
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.westafricanresources.com.