Expatriate – Senior Mining Engineer (Mali)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan.
The principal function of the incumbent is to provide mine planning services within the mining engineering group, including scheduling, drilling layouts, blasting assistance, coordination with grade control, and other general requirements of mining operations of a producing gold mine.
The incumbent is also responsible for long-term mine planning for the open pit mine and delivering production data and reports, stockpile accounting, and mine-mill reconciliation. Emphasis will be on minimizing dilution and ore loss, training and mentoring, tracking ore stockpile quantities and quality, and maintaining high standards of work safety and health.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Chief Mining Engineer, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Prepare long-term mine plans to ensure site alignment with yearly budget;
- Optimize the extraction of mineralized zones and minimize dilution;
- Understand, monitor, and develop geotechnical sit requirements;
- Optimize pit and dump designs using the geotechnical design parameters and pit phasing;
- Plan for water management of in-pit water;
- Assist with strategic mine planning and development of assumptions and schedules for quarterly forecasts and yearly budgets;
- Assist in identifying efficiency gains and cost savings;
- Assist in training and developing junior national engineers and other technical services staff;
- Liaise with Load and Haul on a daily basis to ensure minimal ore loss and dilution;
- Assure safe working practices and environment, cooperate with other departments in safety programs;
- Assist in identifying efficiency gains and cost saving;
- Ensure the mining operations section meets the needs of an expanding operation while maintaining an international standard of practice and a high level of internal communications;
- Ensure timely preparation of daily and weekly mine plans to ensure alignment with three months rolling plans;
- Prepare clearly written monthly reports and other documentation on required frequencies;
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors, and consultants;
- Adhere to and support all company related policies and procedures, and;
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering or an equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at producing gold mines;
- Proficient with Microsoft office products and at least one mining software package, preferably Surpac;
- Experience with workplace safety programs; and
- Possession of Code B drivers’ license.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.careermine.com.