European Management Solutions
- Duty station: Bamako, Mali
- Type of contract: International employment contract
- Contract Duration: 2 years with possibility of renewal
Start date: 1 January 2022
We are recruiting on behalf of our client a Project Manager, to work for a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. They work in three sectors: agriculture, renewable energy and WASH.
The extension of STAMP+ project (2018-2021) renamed STAMP 2.0 (2022-2023) is focusing on the development of GARBAL service initiated in the framework of the “Sustainable Technology Adaptation for Mali’s Pastoralists 2015-2018” project (STAMP) project. This extension is executed under a public-private partnership facilitated by the organization (lead partner) involving ORANGE Mali, Hoefsloot Spatial Solution (HSS), TASSAGHT and the Malian Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries (MEP).
The STAMP 2.0 project aims to increase the resilience of pastoral and agro-pastoral households through the generation of economic (productivity gains, income) and social (including avoided costs) benefits via the use of an integrated digital solution offering an innovative service.
The organization believes that digital innovation can revolutionise the way pastoralists and agro-pastoralists feed their communities and build the resilience they need to cope with climate shocks and emergencies. Public and private partners are best placed to provide them with tools that are tailored to their needs and for which technology is a key accelerator.
The STAMP 2.0 project intends to consolidate the achievements of STAMP+ (2018-2021). This consolidation phase is based on expected results at the level of the three (03) pathways of change which are highly interrelated:
- Improved management of pastoral and agro-pastoral farms through increased access to and use of geo-satellite data and appropriate advice that enhances their productivity.
- Increased business opportunities, transactions, and economic value within value chains.
- Sustainability strengthened at the scale of a digital service offer dedicated to pastoral and agro-pastoralists.
The project will be based in Bamako and will operate in the regions of Gao, Ménaka, Kidal, Timbuktu and Mopti.
Working closely with the project team and the global technical advisor for livestock (technical backstopping), the project manager leads and manages the planning, implementation, and closure of the project and its workforce, within scope, budget, schedule and acceptable quality levels. And in accordance with the commitments specified in the contract(s) signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders, the project manager works in accordance with the organization’s standards and approach to project management and the donor’s requirements.
- Put in place structures and procedures for the administration, governance, financial management, human resources, and monitoring/evaluation of the project in collaboration with Mali office management and in accordance with relevant organization’s procedures and policies and donor requirements.
- Coordinate the annual and quarterly planning of project interventions
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team, partners and stakeholders.
- Plan and assign deliverables and activities, monitor progress and address deviations in terms of time and quality, based on the project plan, agreed deliverables and established budget.
- Take responsibility for the (technical) content of the project; provide technical support as required
- Ensure the quality of the interventions and the quality of the key deliverables described below:
- Digital solutions adapted to the needs of pastoralists, agropastoralists and businesses are developed
- Reliable and affordable delivery of digital solutions (IT infrastructure, platform, data management)
- Increased awareness of potential users of digital solutions
- Increased use of digital solutions
- Close monitoring of business model performance and viability
- Improved governance of the public-private partnership
- Knowledge and lessons learned disseminated
- Manage and report on the full compliance of the project’s administrative, financial and HR procedures with organization’s internal procedures and the donor’s requirements
- Ensure that the approval, coding and recording of all expenditure is carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures and authorisation levels.
- Manage the project budget and monitor expenditure. Prepare any budget revisions.
- Excellent leadership, guiding, coaching and motivating team members
- Ensure, in collaboration with the project’s monitoring/evaluation officer, that project information and data are collected, consolidated, archived and analysed
- Use the information available to monitor the progress of the project, identify potential problems and propose solutions
- Prepare periodic reports in a timely manner as required by the organization and donors
- Contribute to the development of internal and external knowledge, through the documentation and sharing of project knowledge and results
- University degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Technology, Project Management, International Development or a relevant field.
- At least 10 years of experience in project coordination (in a consortium), with a focus on digital transformation in the agricultural and livestock sectors, in various counties across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Proven experience in managing public-private partnerships.
- Experience in donor coordination as well as partnership building with regional authorities, local governments, technical services, project partners, and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to lead multicultural teams in volatile contexts.
- Experience working with private companies in general and mobile phone companies/solutions, in particular, will be an asset.
- Strong communication and writing skills (periodic reports to the donor on time). Fluency in English and French.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness and ability to travel across the country if needed.
- Demonstrated project management expertise and excellent knowledge of the full Project Cycle;
- Ability to interpret project information and to identify and analyze implementation issues;
- Proven experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams; excellent ability to work in a team;
- Solid planning, analysis and prioritization skills;
- Good financial management skills related to project management;
- Effective time management and very good organizational skills;
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in contacts with third parties;
- Knowledge of usual office software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and regular communication channels (Internet, email, Skype);
- Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations within
How to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS ref. number 11175.
Due to the high number of applications, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org