Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Program Manager I: Program Quality Manager
- Reports to: HOP
- Department: Programs
- Salary Grade: 9
- Location: Mali
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Mali operates nationwide, implementing projects in health, humanitarian response, education, agriculture, peacebuilding, and partner capacity strengthening. Donors include the Global Fund, USAID, USDA, Global Affairs Canada, UNITAID, as well as private funding from CRS and Foundations. CRS Mali works closely with Church, local NGOs, and government partners to deliver quality services.
The Program Quality (PQ) Manager will support and potentially manage programming in the Mali Country Program (CP), designing and implementing projects advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your program quality and management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the visibility and impact of its programming.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support quality management and implementation of key projects throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- In collaboration with the HOP, DHOP, and other relevant colleagues provide trainings and support on PQ systems and tools.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to CRS Mali programs, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches, particularly with regard to Project Management Standards and PQ principles.
- Collaborate closely with MEAL and Communications staff to produce quality visibility materials and learning events.
- Organize and coordinate regular program reporting and conduct reviews of content, ensuring on-time submission of high-quality reports responsive to CRS and donor standards
- Identify areas for improvement in report writing and provide capacity strengthening opportunities
- Support PMs to establish systems to capture, document, and share learning within internal and external stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or another relevant field required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
Required Languages – Native-level spoken and written English required; spoken and written French skills preferred.
Travel – Security permitting, may include in-county travel up to 15%.
- Project management experience in humanitarian response, health, education, or peacebuilding is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write and edit reports and proposals in English
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs, CRS Mali Program staff, MEAL, BD, Finance, Admin
External: CRS Mali partner programming staff
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter eipn.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.