People & Capability Manager
- Location : Mali (ML)
- Salary : Competitive total package
- Closing date : Jan 8, 2024
- Category : Human Resources
- Work Term : Permanent
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : English
About Leo Lithium:
Leo Lithium is a pure play lithium company developing the world class Goulamina Lithium Project in Mali. The company will be West Africa’s first spodumene producer when the project comes online in 2024. The Goulamina Lithium Project is located approximately 150km south of the country’s capital of Bamako.
About the role:
The People and Capability Manager is responsible for ensuring workforce readiness (nearly 300 people by Q2 2024), people management systems and preparedness to deliver appropriate people outcomes for the Goulamina Project, for Leo’s Bamako office and Goulamina Logistics in Cote d’Ivoire.
Working closely with the site GM and leadership team and supported by the corporate team, your focus will be human capital development and value creation. You will be accountable for setting strategic HR programs linked with the operating model, providing leadership for the site People and Capability Team including the HR Manager, Recruitment Superintendent and Training Superintendent. Language spoken by the workforce will be majority Bambara along with French and English.
As a Greenfields site the People and Capability Manager will need to ensure plans are developed to address some of priorities:
- Local Content commitments
- Training and development
- Adherence to Labour Laws and agreements
- Industrial Relations planning
- Management of a large contract workforce
- Project to Operations Workforce Integration and Resourcing
The Leo Values guides us in the way we work, the company aspires to being a values-based organisation, the values being core to the success of the business. The incumbent will work with the site leadership team to develop the Leo culture through our values of Respect, Honesty, Unity and Excellence while ensuring safety and security remain the highest priority.
Other key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementation of an HR Management System (HRMS), including recruitment and training and integration with security (site access), mobility and payroll systems
- Ensure the system is efficient for storage, retrieval and reporting of people information
- Resource and lead the site implementation of recruitment and training systems ensuring they meet the requirements of the business
- Coordinate the output of accurate and meaningful HR Analytics for internal and external purposes
- Resolve complex employee relations issues
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day leadership of employees, ensuring legal compliance and HR best practices
- Lead the annual processes including performance management, talent review, succession planning and compensation reviews
- Provide support for workforce and staffing plans and budgets
- Effective input provided to managers on organisation design
- A workforce planning process is in place and used effectively by the business
- Recruitment is managed and recruitment plans are aligned with workforce plans and business objectives
- An effective mobilisation and induction process is in place, documented and being applied
- Develop the strategy for meeting Malian national employment requirements at a management level with the central tool being the succession plan. Engage with Site GM and Executive Team to execute it
- Develop and deliver an appropriate leadership program for developing managers and supervisors
- Provide guidance in leadership development best practice
- Work closely with site leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Design and/or implement and maintain performance development systems consistent with Goulamina Project and the Bamako office’s desired culture and vision
- Current Position Descriptions exist across the business so that all employees understand their accountabilities
- Individual Performance Planning Process is conducted in accordance with agreed procedure
- Develop and support learning and development systems
- Work with the Training Superintendent to develop and support learning and development systems to ensure every individual is signed off as safe and competent before commencing any roles
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis to ensure training needs are recorded for all operational roles
- Implement a Learning Management System to support operations in maintaining training needs by role and records by individual
- Work with the relevant department to assist in the design, development, approval and embedding of training and assessment materials
- Work with the Training Superintendent and Recruitment Superintendent to meet Leo’s commitment regarding national and local employment under the Mining Code and Local Content Bill.
- Seek partnerships with local technical schools and universities
- Process to pipeline national talent working on the project
- Develop a local job readiness program
- Coaching and mentoring national employees
- Work with the Recruitment Superintendent to ensure that the project is resourced for safe and effective operations. Early priorities include:
- Recruitment schedule is achieved
- Positions and job briefs defined with line managers to ensure a targeted recruitment effort
- Implementation of a candidate management and onboarding system, such as Bamboo or similar
- Ongoing review of the most suitable advertising platforms
- Policies and procedures written and embedded
- Line Managers trained
- Defined authority levels in the recruitment process adhered to
- Set up and lead industrial relations framework and programs and ensure compliance with Malian laws and regulations
- Manage and maintain an IR Risk matrix and contingency plan for quarterly review
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant employee and employer organisations and manage consultation processes for all changes
- Manage all employment law related matters and workplace investigations
- Monitor, report, and advises management on indicators of employee engagement
- Remuneration processes are applied in an accurate and timely manner (including job offers, salary reviews, incentive plans)
- Effectively manage the exiting of employees.
To be a successful candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management (or similar)
- Demonstrated experience in the majority of the Key Result Areas contained in the position description
- 15+ years in senior human resource management positions, with significant experience in mining sector in Mali, West Africa or similar
- Fluent in French (preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English language skills (essential)
- Experience in construction or resource-based projects, preferably within the Resources industry.
- Development and implementation of human resource and organisation development strategies aligned to business plans.
- Strong understanding of contemporary human resources practices.
- Working knowledge of Malian employment legislation and industrial relations practices.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement and collaboration.
How to apply:
If you have the required skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to work with Leo Lithium at Goulamina Lithium Project in Mali. We offer a competitive salary package and a supportive work environment where you can grow your skills and career. A detailed Position Description will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.careermine.com.