- Ref : Gold14
- Employer : B2Gold
- Location : Bamako, Mali
- Salary : Market Related
- Closes : Mar 27, 2021
- Category : Engineering, Maintenance/Mechanical, Supervisory
- Work Term : Contract
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : English
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Position: Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, Fixed Plant (Mali)
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will be an 8/4 fly in – fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola Mine.
The principal function of the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, Fixed Plant, is to take leadership for the fixed plant maintenance activities, ensuring they are being conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure the Plant is performing as intended, achieving the required targets and implement the systems needed to achieve sustainable continuous improvement processes. The Maintenance Manager will coordinate and motivate the team towards these objectives, control and manage activities in the safest possible manner, and provide timely and reliable information to the Plant Manager on a regular basis. Training and mentoring of Departmental Supervisors, trades personnel and artisans will be a core function of the Maintenance Manager to transfer the required skills to the Maintenance team, hence a strong background in training and training systems would be highly advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and support all company related policies and procedures;
- Operate within the standard operating procedures and job safety analysis;
- Accountable for the integrity, reliability and operability of installations within the processing plant;
- Identify and rectify non-conformance issues through effective use of department personnel/resources;
- Prepare accurate and clearly written reports and other documentation on required frequencies/within the time frames required;
- Assist with short and long-term planning, execution and control, including the scheduling and prioritizing of work assignments;
- Responsible for the successful execution of mill shutdown activities and quality of work performed;
- Ensure the process plant is constantly maintained in an excellent state of upkeep;
- Responsible for the transactions of maintenance spares/consumables ensuring costing to the correct GL code/work order number;
- Conduct inspections of the maintenance work activities, mentoring team members, QA/QC of work quality and direct/adjust work methodologies accordingly;
- Liaise with mill operations daily to ensure suitable resolution of issues associated with equipment performance or reliability;
- Ensure training of and adherence to safety and environmental procedures and protocols by mill employees, contractors and visitors, in cooperation with other departments in HSE compliance programs;
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors, and consultants;
- Ensure equipment is operated by only those authorized and appropriately trained;
- Supervise direct reports, providing feedback and support to ensure performance standards are achieved or exceeded;
- Identify local employees for training, development and advancement; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
Competencies and Requirements
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Previous experience working in a fly in fly out rotation in developing country;
- Minimum 10 years’ maintenance experience in a mineral processing plant post trade;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior supervisory capacity in a similar role;
- Previous experience leading a team with workplace safety programs;
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude;
- Experience with CMMS and planning functions;
- Experience/exposure to chemicals and familiarity with MSDS is an asset;
- Demonstrated success working in a similar role in a developing country;
- Ability/willingness to work long shift durations, including shift work;
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces;
- Experience with load shift techniques, including directing cranes and other mechanical equipment; and
- Experienced with reliability and condition monitoring / NDT methodologies.
- Written and oral fluency in French while not essential would be considered an advantage;
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter scouterecruit.net.