- Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
- Report to: Country Director
- Location: Bamako, Mali
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Program Manager, People and Culture
The People Operations Manager role is a core part of the leadership team within myAgro Mali that will help foster a positive work environment and ensure that we have a happy and successful team that hits its targets. While this role falls under the HR department, you DO NOT need to be an HR professional or have HR experience! So what exactly does that mean and look like?!?
- You are a Master Manager. From project management to organizational aptitude to delegation and coaching, you have the tools in your tool-belt to own this role and goals / projects that come with it. You make your team and those around you better with your management tool-belt.
- You love to link Team Happiness and Mission. Establishing a work culture where the team is happy, engaged, and driven towards the mission is your bread and butter. You help others see that team member happiness is the key to achieving our mission, and you back that up by sharing the management tools and practices to get it done.
- You are a Natural Negotiator and Communicator. You are empathetic to the needs of the team, while also understanding of what it takes to meet organizational goals. You use your negotiation and communication skills to get team buy-in and commitment.
You will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day activity of the People Operations department and to provide excellent assistance and support to the team. You will also have the critical task of making sure our processes comply with all legal local regulations.
Most importantly, you will be supporting our overall mission by working with the team that hires, motivates, and engages the staff to do their best work- both in and out of the fields in West Africa!
- Culture: champion myAgro’s values and org culture with all team members.
- Health and Wellbeing: Take responsibility for all aspects related to wellbeing for the office and field teams, working closely with the leadership team and Country Director.
- Staff Motivation: maintain a calendar of team engagement activities, and conduct surveys to understand motivational levels and identify concrete areas for improvement.
- HR Operations: from on-boarding to contract management to recruitment and off-boarding, you manage the HR department and ensure joyous customer service to all team members.
- Staff Performance and Development: manage and own the performance evaluation process in myAgro Senegal, including training and coaching managers on the process.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Champion diversity and inclusion at myAgro in conjunction with the Country Director and leadership team.
Required skills and qualifications :
- French and English proficiency
- 5 to 10 years of experience managing programs and teams
- Experience in project management from planning to execution
- Proven ability to be customer oriented minded
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience or knowledge of local West African laws preferred, but not necessary
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter myagro.recruiterbox.com.