Save the Children
Position Title : Gender Lead
Location : In primary program location (to be determined)
Supervisor Title : Food Security Technical Coordinator/ DCoP
Employee Type : Full-time Regular
Summary Save the Children is seeking a Gender Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Mali. The program will seek to sustainably improve food and nutrition security and resilience among poor and chronically vulnerable households and communities in the selected regions. Hiring is contingent upon successful award of the project and USAID approval of the candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities The proposed program will be an integrated, multi-sectoral food and nutrition security intervention. The Gender Lead will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the program applies gender integration approaches, and works towards gender transformative impact, at all levels of the program including research, assessments, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. The Gender Lead will ensure and promote the equitable participation of women, men, girls and boys and the reduction of gender disparities and harmful norms to achieve food and nutrition security outcomes.
Key Functions :
- Lead gender integration throughout the entire award period in the context of desired food and nutrition security and resilience outcomes, with an emphasis on improved nutrition status, reduced poverty, and reduced chronic food insecurity. Ensure the use of participatory and collaborative problem solving approaches to develop associated strategies and approaches.
- Foster commitment from, and build the capacity of, team members, partners, local stakeholders and communities to facilitate gender transformative outcomes; this includes developing and delivering formal training but also coaching and mentoring.
- Lead the collection, analysis and utilization of information from a wide variety of sources to inform the program’s gender approach.
- Manage the Gender Analysis during the programs’ Refine period (Year 1), and utilize the findings of this Analysis to formulate an effective Gender Strategy for the program. Train and mentor team members on the realization of this strategy in the context of program implementation plans. Contribute to other Refine period studies, and related program strategies, to ensure gender integration.
- Stay abreast of donor and host government gender policies, programs and best practices, ensuring coherence and coordination with the same.
- Provide gender-related technical support, on an ongoing basis, to thematic team leaders, participating in thematic team planning processes and the implementation of program activities as required.
- Manage program Gender team members, ensuring high performance.
- Lead the development of documentation related to the above, and contribute to program reporting.
Required Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Specific technical expertise with gender approaches in the context of food and nutrition security and resilience programming, with a demonstrated understanding of age, gender and other socio-cultural factors in the context of such programs
- At least seven years of relevant implementation experience at the community- level
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in French and English. Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Strong tool/ curriculum development and training skills.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Our dedicated and diverse staff work hard to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
DOSSIERS A FOURNIR : Les dossiers de candidatures doivent comporter :
- Un CV détaillé mis à jour.
- Une lettre de motivation mentionnant le titre du poste.
- Les copies certifiées des diplômes et attestations de travail. Un casier judiciaire en cours de validité. (n’est obligatoire qu’une fois retenu au poste)
- Les références d’au moins deux précédents employeurs (de préférence les superviseurs directs).
Les dossiers de candidature doivent être envoyés au plus tard le 18 Octobre 2019 à 17h00 à l’adresse email suivante : email@example.com
Seuls les candidat(e)s présélectionné(e)s seront convoqué(e)s pour les interviews. Les dossiers de candidature ne seront pas retournés.
FR: IL est porté à la connaissance des candidats que Save the Children International ne demande aucun paiement, ni frais durant tout le processus de recrutement. Toute demande allant dans ce sens doit être immédiatement signalée car contraire aux valeurs et pratiques de notre organisation.
EN: Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org