Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance Training and Support Supervisor
- Language : English
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Fixed Plant Mechanical Maintenance Training and Support Supervisor, Mali
The principal function of the incumbent is to support the mechanical maintenance activities within the processing plant, ensuring they are being conducted in compliance with company policies and procedures, facilitating the achievement of the process plant target. The role will coordinate and motivate their team towards these objectives, control and manage activities in the safest possible manner, providing regular, prompt and reliable information to their superiors. A core function for the position will be the transference of skills to other trades personnel/artisans, through effective training and mentoring.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor/Superintendent, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to and support all company related policies and procedures;
- Operate within the standard operating procedures and job safety analysis;
- Accountable for the integrity, reliability and operability of mechanical equipment installations at the plant;
- Address mechanical non-conformance issues through effective use of department personnel/resources;
- Prepare accurate and concise reports and other documentation promptly adhering to deadlines;
- Assist with daily and weekly planning, execution and control, including the scheduling and prioritizing of work assignments;
- Responsible for the successful execution of process plant shutdown activities and quality of work performed;
- Ensure the process plant is maintained in an excellent state of orderliness at all times;
- Ensure transactions of maintenance spares/consumables are costed to the correct GL code/work order number;
- Conduct QA/QC inspections of the maintenance activities, providing direction to team members accordingly;
- Liaise with process plant operations on a daily basis to ensure suitable resolution has been achieved with equipment performance or reliability issues;
- Ensure compliance with safe working practices and environmental standards by process plant employees, contractors and visitors, cooperating with other departments regarding HSE compliance;
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Provide effective care, maintenance and utilization of assets;
- Train, mentor and develop local employees in the various mechanical trades disciplines; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Trade qualifications in a mechanical maintenance discipline;
- Written and oral fluency in French is an asset;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a mineral processing plant post trade;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a similar role;
- Demonstrated mathematical acuity;
- Experience in delivery and oversight of workplace safety and training programs;
- Experience and understanding of load shifting techniques (including directing cranes and other mechanical equipment);
- Strong electromechanical aptitude;
- Experience with CMMS and related planning;
- Basic understanding of condition monitoring, vibration analysis and oil analysis principles;
- Training or experience with WHIMIS/MSDS as it relates hazardous material handling;
- Ability/willingness to work extended shifts, including shift work; and
- Ability to perform safely and comfortably at heights and in confined spaces.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter scouterecruit.net.