MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR)
Finance & Operations Director, MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) Project Mali
- Number of Vacancies: 01 (One)
- Based in: Bamako, Mali
- Reports to: Chief of Party
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) a nonprofit founded in 1979, exists to improve the health of underserved people and communities throughout the world, and to provide an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI works across a full range of public and community health areas, strengthening health systems to improve services—and ultimately, people’s health. We partner with our clients to develop flexible, innovative approaches that solve complex public health problems. Strong management systems make our programs more effective, sustainable, and cost-effective.
This position is for the MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience Project (MIHR) in Mali, implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with IMA World Health, GOAL USA Fund, Pathfinder International, and CARE. The Finance and Operations (F&O) Director for the USAID funded MIHR project will be based in Bamako, Mali supporting activities implemented in Gao and Timbuktu. The F&O Director is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation compliance, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for the project. Additionally, the F&O Director will oversee all operations and administrative functions including human resources (HR), procurement, logistics, information technology (IT), office administration and sub-grant management. The F&O Director will ensure compliance with JSI internal policies and procedures as well as USAID donor regulations. The position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
- Oversee financial and operations management, including sub-awards, HR, administration, procurement, and IT
- Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent, and spent in accordance with JSI policies and procedures and donor rules and regulations
- Collaborate with the COP and technical team in budget planning and financial management
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of project resources and assets
- Ensure systems are streamlined between administration, HR, finance, procurement, and programs
- Lead the annual workplan budgeting exercises in collaboration with technical teams to ensure the activities are captured in the program budget and work plan
- Lead the completion and submission of the monthly field accounts reporting, including all the supporting documentation, to home office
- Prepare and submit timely requests for funds to home office to ensure the uninterrupted flow of funds to implement program activities
- Work along with COP to ensure the timely review and submission of all financial and operational reports to home office
- Lead in performing organizational capacity assessments and pre-award assessments for sub-awardees
- Monitor and ensure compliance of sub-awardees with program financial and contractual rules and regulations
- Manage and supervise all procurements to ensure compliance with procurement guidelines and procedures, and appropriate documentation
- Maintain a property and supplies management system and files for all program assets and supplies, including vehicles, in compliance with property management guidelines and procedures
- Assist, monitor and supervise the human resource recruitment process and ensure that JSI personnel policies and procedures and being implemented and followed
- Provides leadership support for the successful implementation of and adherence to JSI HR policies and procedures and local labor laws
- Supervise the other Mali MIHR F&O staff including those based regionally
- Work along with Chief of Party to support the Senior Security and Logistics Officer and ensure that all staff stay abreast of all security updates
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the home office, MIHR team or USAID, as required
- Represent MIHR to USAID and other high-level stakeholders as needed
- Other tasks as required
- Post-graduate degree in business, accounting, finance, or a Bachelor’s degree and least 10 years of relevant experience to the position requirements.
- At least 7 years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, for which at least 4 years were working in an NGO setting
- Experience managing finance and operations on USAID projects
- Skilled in development and managing large budgets, experience with managing logistics for implementation of public health programs in fragile settings, and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of USAID and USG rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting software e.g. QuickBooks, and related computer applications especially Microsoft Office
- Supervisory experience especially with working with staff in multiple office locations.
- Possess excellent organizational, analytic, oral, and written communications skills as well as demonstrated supervisory experience
- Ability to work well in a team
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language
- Ability to travel within Mali and internationally, as needed
Information on how to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above conditions should submit an online application on our website at https://careers.jsi.com/JSIInternet/Careers/jobpostings.cfm and reference the job title Finance & Operations Director – MIHR Mali.
Interested applicants should submit an application no later than May 27, 2022.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this vacancy, JSI reserves the right to fill this position prior to the closing date.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter careers.jsi.com.