Expatriate – Senior Maintenance Engineer (Mali)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000 – 1,080,000 ounces.
The position is a key management role overseeing the Planning and Reliability functions within the Processing Plant. The position will safely lead, mentor and direct activities to achieve best practice outcomes for all within the responsibility structure of the role.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer will coordinate with Operations and Maintenance regularly to ensure planned maintenance requirements identified are actioned as planned and that the Planning team are receiving quality information back in a timely manner to build a functional history base within the CMMS. The position will take direct support from the Mill Manager for the quality and quantity measurements of these activities and will be responsible for maintaining the CMMS in a functional and concise manner at all times.
The role will take the lead on the requirements for the training and mentoring of its team members and where required assist to ensure all are striving for a common goal. Implement and monitor maintenance budgeting and cost control processes, and maintain a high standard of work safety and health for themselves and the department.
The position will work in collaboration with the Procurement team to ensure plant spares and consumables are managed including identification and requisitioning of newly identified items. Maintenance of the plant inventory spares listing and mapping to parent equipment will fall under the role to ensure compliance is achieved.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mill Manager, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Development and maintenance of the Processing Departments CMMS and ensure team members are actively utilizing it to meet the needs of the business
- Long term planning to ensure the needs of the Process Plant is met to achieve its objectives and targets.
- Monitor maintenance performance on a daily basis to ensure responsible practices are being conducted at all times with minimum wastage or unnecessary expenditure / downtime on plant and equipment.
- Ensure safe working practices and environmental activities are conducted responsibly to the highest standard achievable, cooperate with other departments in HSE programs
- Prepare clearly written reports and other documentation on required frequencies (responsible for the quality and timing of the information being provided from reports, inspections etc)
- Assist and advise with preparation of maintenance plans/scheduled activities for both short and long term timelines including major maintenance periods and other routine shutdowns
- Responsible for the training and mentoring process for Planning team members
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors and consultants
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives
Competencies and Requirements
- BEng Degree in a relevant discipline (Elec / Mech) or equivalent extensive industry experience
- Minimum 10 years’ industry experience, at least 5 years within a gold processing plant at a Supervisory or senior technical support role
- High electro-mechanical aptitude with an advanced level of troubleshooting skills
- Experience with equipment reliability programs
- Proficient with Microsoft office products and EAP software
- Experience with workplace safety programs
- Experience with budgets and budgeting methodologies
- Experience with formulating short- and medium-term goals / operating plans (including shutdown planning and execution)
- Large Autogenous / Semi Autogenous Mill maintenance experience including liner management, lubrication systems and NDT principles
- Familiar with legislative requirements governing Mining and Quarrying operations
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world.
As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter b2gold-external.scouterecruit.net.