Expatriate – Security Training Superintendent (Mali)
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
The successful candidate is a security professional with relevant security qualifications and extensive knowledge of and experience in training, development, and the management of training programs. The incumbent is responsible for the overall evaluation, development, and maintenance of the Fekola security training program. The principal function of the position is to provide leadership and technical support as it relates to the security training program to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable performance of the security function.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Security Manager, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Conduct training needs analysis for the security department;
- Develop a curriculum framework that complies with the department strategy. Curriculum content to be benchmarked against best practices in the industry. Content to be aligned on supervisory level and entry level core competencies;
- Develop a progressive formal training program that includes relevant security modules that contributes to the personal career development of security personnel;
- Responsible for the management and sourcing of training materials as required;
- Plan and develop training schedules;
- Responsible for the training and assessment of security personnel (theory and practical);
- Use feedback to update content and framework;
- Responsible for the quality assurance of learning material content;
- Mentor and coach security staff while on shift;
- Monitor individual performance and efficiency and identify high potential team members;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the team to identify areas requiring improvement and recommend training and coaching measures to ensure employees receive sufficient training enabling them to perform their duties in a safe and efficient manner;
- Oversee training administration and budgets; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and French;
- Relevant training or security qualifications and affiliations;
- Proven security training & development experience;
- Knowledge of learning program design;
- Knowledge of skills development;
- Knowledge of training facilitation, evaluation, and modification;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of and competency in the use of commercial drones and related software.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive group benefits package for employee and their dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter b2gold-external.scouterecruit.net.