Expatriate – Mining Operations Superintendent (Mali)
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
The Mining Operations Superintendent is responsible for implementing mine plans and managing all pit operations. The incumbent will be involved in optimising the allocated resources, ensuring delivery and achievement of pit production key performance indices.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Deputy Mining Manager, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
- Knowledge of and compliance with relevant and applicable mining HSE legislation;
- Management of workers in the pit to ensure production and adherence to safety procedures, and relevant statutory legislation;
- Investigate on mining safety incidences from log in to close off;
- Plan, schedule and allocate resources on the activities of the pit to produce short and medium term required production targets;
- Collaborate with the maintenance team on scheduling maintenance and breakdown repairs of the earthmoving fleet.
- Implement pit dewatering system, stockpiles and dumps management design and set up;
- Coordinate mining projects with the mining teams and other departments, where necessary.
- Operate within departmental budget as set by department manager;
- Provide input into the planning of pit operation budget;
- Assure performance review for all staff members, establish work plans and progress assessments;
- Assist each staff member in compiling a Personal Development Plan [PDP] and ensure on the job coaching or other appropriate training interventions.
Competencies and Requirements
- A Higher National Diploma in Mining Engineering or a minimum 10 years’ experience in open pit mining operations of which 5 years must be in supervisory position;
- Experience in loading, hauling, and ancillary functions are required;
- Good understanding / experience of drilling and blast; and
- Code B driver’s license.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive group benefits package for employee and their dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.careermine.com.