Expatriate – Mine Engineering Superintendent (Mali)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan.
The Fekola Gold Project produces in excess of 500,000 oz. of gold per annum from total annual open pit production of circa 95 million tonnes.
The existing operation is predominantly focused on a single large open pit but mining operations has expanded to include multiple satellite deposits. Continued exploration success means the number, size and schedule of satellite deposits is dynamic and evolving.
The Mine Engineering Superintendent is directly involved in developing mine production schedules and accountable for providing direct support to open pit operations in the execution of mine plans.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
- Provide comprehensive short-term and medium-term mine schedules in accordance with Fekola project targets;
- Provide comprehensive drill & blast technical support to provide well-fragmented broken stocks to load and haul operations;
- Complete mine waste rock dump designs that result in well-drained, rehabilitated structures;
- Monitor pit performance and refine pit design as excavation proceeds;
- Manage training and personal development of national Mining Engineers;
- Complete weekly and monthly management reports;
- Model and monitor mining fleet productivities and equipment needs;
- Assist development of Life of Mine (LOM) mine schedules that maximise Fekola Gold Project value;
- Improve and maintain a high standard of safety and compliance with the company procedures and relevant legislation;
- Collate input and assist in construction of Annual and LOM budgets; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- 10+ years in a Mine Engineering experience including 5+ years in a supervisory role (expat experience would be viewed positively)
- Large open cut hard rock mine experience is essential, preferably in a multi-pit operating environment
- Significant operational experience in facets of drill & blast, production scheduling (short, medium and long term) and pit / dump design
- Proficient user of mining-related design and scheduling software (familiarity with MineSight would be viewed positively)
- Strong organisational and forward planning skills
- Possess a positive attitude and work well in a team environment on a remote site
- Proven ability to effectively communicate across language and cultural differences
- Proven ability to mentor and develop less experienced personnel
- Ability to analyse information and develop effective systems and processes
- Sound knowledge of mining industry practices, regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Code B driver’s license.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive group benefits package for employee and their dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter b2gold-external.scouterecruit.net.