Expatriate – HME Training Supervisor (Mali)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000 – 1,080,000 ounces.
The HME Training Supervisor will be responsible for developing, planning, implementing and supervising training and development programs / activities in the HME Department, in conjunction with Mine Training. The successful candidate will identify skill gaps and areas of improvement in the HME team, facilitate learning resources, develop presentations, training and handout materials, conduct effective coaching and mentoring to the HME employees.
Location and Reporting Manager
Reporting to the HME Manager, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Needs Analysis – Identify training & assessment needs of shift personnel in conjunction with the HME Manager;
- Participate in the skills development training and succession planning of Malian and B2Gold employees;
- Implement and monitor objectives of the HME Department heavy equipment maintenance and planning training plans;
- Identify, develop and deliver maintenance training:
- Monitor and assist trainers’ needs in the field and compile all training data daily at the end of each shift
- Deliver procedures and presentations in French
- Translation of training material from English to French
- Records Management – upkeep of staff training files and Skills Matrices and ensure training data is available and properly compiled for all reporting requirements;
- Reporting – assist with reporting duties;
- Develop strategies for continuous improvement processes;
- Provide support in incident/accident investigations;
- Coordinate the effective monitoring for follow up actions resulting from incidents, injuries, audits, inspections and meetings;
- Upkeep budgeted KPI rates of training delivery, assessment, document development and review, document translation and reporting;
- Understand and adapt to training and safety provision in a culturally sensitive environment;
- Develop a sound and accountable training plan and package;
- Transfer skills to the targeted national audience;
- Improve training programs to ensure the continuous development of staff;
- Coordinate assessment workshops and conduct regular audits of the training systems;
- Develop and encourage a team approach with shared objectives within the mining team; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Higher Education Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in Mechanics or Heavy Equipment Maintenance
- Certification on CAT equipment
- 5 years’ maintenance and operation experience of Heavy Earthmoving Equipment (esp. CAT) working in a mining industry environment
- Strong coaching and training skills
- Experienced in administration, coordinating and delivering mechanics training
- Bilingual in French and English
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive group benefits package for employee and their dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate’s home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter b2gold-external.scouterecruit.net.