Site West African Resources Limited
- Employer : West African Resources (ASX: WAF)
- Location : Burkina Faso (BF) / West Africa – Expatriate role
- Salary : Expatriate Salary paid as Net US$
- Closes : May 07, 2021
- Ref : WAF
- Category : Environmental Engineering/Sciences
- Work Term : Permanent
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : French
West African Resources Limited is an ASX listed gold company (trading symbol: WAF). The Company commenced production of the Sanbrado Gold Mine in Burkina Faso, West Africa.
The Sanbrado Project is a 2.4 Mtpa Gold project and encompasses underground and open pit mines. The Project has an initial 10-year mine life, including 6.5 years of underground mining, with Probable Reserves of 1.7 million ounces (21.6Mt at 2.4g/t gold).
The Project economics are robust, with an average annual production over the first 5 years of mine life of 217,000 ounces gold and a 14-month post-tax pay back on US$186 million pre-production capital costs.
The Company has recently acquired the 1.1Moz Toega Gold Project, which is in trucking distance of the Sanbrado operation with the aim of increasing gold production and mine life.
The Company has an Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) and follows international industry practices in its environmental management practices. The Environment Department has a dynamic team of experienced and new personnel bringing different skills.
West African Resources is seeking to employ an experienced Environment and Rehabilitation Manager to lead the Company’s environment and rehabilitations team and obligations.
The Environment and Rehabilitation Manager will oversee three key areas of the Company’s operations, including the implementation of the Company’s Environmental, Social, Health and Safety Management System (ESHSMS), implementation of progressive rehabilitation programs and reporting of the Company’s environmental compliance obligations and commitments at the Sanbrado Mining Operations.
The Environment and Rehabilitation Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Lead the teams in meeting the Company’s environmental a compliance obligations and reporting.
- Implement the Company’s Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS).
- Carry out environmental audits, address non-conformances and continually look to improve our environmental performance.
- Lead and mentor the development of the environment team.
- Undertake updated risk assessments to ensure monitoring and mitigation measures continue to meet regulatory and industry requirements, including management of the Company’s key risk facilities.
- Work closely with operational and exploration personnel to plan and complete rehabilitations programs.
- Carry out internal and external sustainability reporting in line with international public disclosure and sustainability frameworks.
- Develop strategies and standard operating procedures across the sustainability framework to mitigate risks.
- Prepare statutory compliance reports and inputs into the Company’s internal and external reports.
The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of, and experience applying the IFC Sustainability Framework including the Performance Standards and other industry standards for environmental and social management.
The Environment and Rehabilitation Manager will proactively lead the planning and delivery of the Company Sustainability commitments and obligations under the:
- Environmental, Social, Health & Safety Management System (ESHSMS)
- Reclamation and Revegetation Management Plan(s); and
- Work collaborative as part of the Sustainability team to achieve compliance under other management plans and initiatives, including the Resettlement Action Plan, Community Development Plan and Stakeholder Engagement Plan.
West African Resources is seeking applications from experienced Sustainability / Environmental professionals with the following skills and experience;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline including environmental sciences, sustainable development, compliance, environmental engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Employment history in a similar role.
- Preferential experience working in West Africa.
- An understanding of regulatory framework relevant to environmental management.
- Mining / Construction / Project Development experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing environmental sustainability programs in line with international frameworks such as the IFC Sustainability Framework, UN Sustainable Development Goals, and guidelines of other industry relevant organisations (e.g. International Council on Mining and Metals).
- Bilingual – French / English.
- Proven track record in reporting and data management using internationally recognised sustainability reporting standards and public disclosure frameworks.
- Ability to develop business cases for sustainability initiatives and effectively engage and influence internal and external stakeholders to drive their implementation.
- Strong communication and consultation skills – written and verbal.
- A demonstrated ability to lead, develop and build a cohesive team.
- A competent user of Microsoft Office, GIS and relevant software.
ROSTER AND CONDITIONS
The successful applicant will be offered an excellent remuneration package, commensurate with skills and experience, travel to and from the site, a 6 week on / 3 week off (R&R) expatriate roster cycle.
WAF understands travel and quarantine restrictions have changed in response to the global management of the Covid-19 pandemic. Expatriate flights and travel are well managed and additional off-site R&R is being provided to compensate for mandatory quarantine periods in the expatriate domicile country to allow our team to have sufficient leave outside of the regular R&R period.
Site facilities: The Sanbrado camp is well established with new accommodation rooms and camp facilities. The camp offers an excellent range of quality food, WIFI, mobile / cell network and recreational facilities including a pool, gymnasium, multi-purpose court, and other amenities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following details in your covering letter:
- Domicile / Home location:
- Availability to commence a new role:
- Salary expectation (Net US$)
- Confirm: Bilingual French / English
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and an introductory covering letter (word or PDF) via the Company website careers page or by following the APPLY NOW prompts.
Further information is available about the Sanbrado Gold Project on the Company website; www.westafricanresources.com
Recruitment Consultancies are respectfully requested not to submit applications for this role. Candidates will be considered via direct application only.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.westafricanresources.com.