Emergency Programme Coordinator
The position is to be filled as of July 1, 2021, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bamako, Mali.
The local expansion of the security crisis and the devastating impact of COVID-19 have increased humanitarian needs in Mali. Access to basic social services has been reduced and food insecurity has grown, with the result that the number of people in need of assistance continues to rise. As Emergency Programme Coordinator, you will support, coordinate and strengthen Welthungerhilfe’s ability to respond to emergencies and ensure quality, compliance and an accurate monitoring and evaluation of all emergency activities in the country. In collaboration with the various Area Managers, the Heads of Project and under the supervision of the Country Director, you will analyze the various humanitarian alerts and develop appropriate responses, in line with the Mali country programme strategy and according to the internal procedures of Welthungerhilfe’s Humanitarian Directorate.
- Continuously analyse the changing food security, nutrition and WASH context in Mali and define new areas of intervention while linking to the ongoing development programmes
- Elaborate and ensure an emergency response preparedness plan (EPREP) for disasters and potential crises based on area-specific situations
- Coordinate the effective implementation of security SOP’s and safety and security guidelines
- Lead the process of developing proposals and budgets together with Welthungerhilfe’s programme and finance units
- Establish contact with donor agencies for emergency operations in coordination with the Country Director and the Head of Programmes
- Identify key donors and support fundraising activities together with the Country Director and the Head of Programmes
- Build relationships with humanitarian I/NGOs, identify those suitable for partnerships and oversee the formation of partnerships and consortia to enhance humanitarian action
- Oversee Welthungerhilfe’s participation in food security, nutrition and WASH clusters as well as other relevant groups as defined by the Head of Programmes
- Ensure regular reporting internally and to donors
- A university or polytechnic degree in disaster management, international development, community development or qualifications that are commensurate with the position
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the management and evaluation of emergency programmes
- Proven working experience in the WASH, Food Security & Nutrition sector
- ECHO, USAid and/or OFDA donor experience would be an advantage
- Special knowledge of humanitarian systems and security contexts is essential
- Excellent command of tools for rapid needs analysis
- Strong intercultural competence and willingness to work in a multinational team
- Ability to individually manage the psychological and health challenges of working and living in a remote region and provide staff support
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; malian local language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career5.successfactors.eu.