- Ref.: Gold17
- Employer : B2Gold
- Location : Mali
- Salary : Market Related
- Closes : Mar 29, 2021
- Category : Engineering, Mining Production, Supervisory
- Work Term : Contract
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : English
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Position : Drill & Blast Superintendent, Mali
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mining Manager / Deputy Mining Manager, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the open pit operations through the effective and efficient coordination of all drill and blast activities for production, in conjunction with internal/external stakeholders, including all related documentation in the drill and blast section, ensuring that sufficient blasted buffer and drilled capacity is available at all times. The position will be predominantly a field position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental program goals and objectives;
- Develop and maintain a safe working environment in area of accountability;
- Maintains a safe working attitude utilizing the principle of “Duty of Care”;
- Reports all unsafe acts and conditions as well as injuries, accidents, equipment damage and near misses in a timely manner;
- Participate fully and lead the incident investigations in the area of accountability;
- Ensure work is undertaken safely and in accordance with company procedures;
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times;
- Fully comply with Company safety and conduct standards;
- Wear and maintain the PPE appropriate to the task while on duty;
- Ensure delivery of quality drilled meters within planned targets;
- Ensure supply of sufficient well-fragmented blasted stocks to the load and haul operations;
- Ensure legal compliance concerning the handling, transportation, and use of explosives and all explosive accessories;
- Support the Blast Engineers with regard to design quality blasts factoring in timing, blast movement, ore control and geotechnical aspects;
- Support the mine planning process to ensure accuracy of designs and realistic implementation;
- Provide weekly and monthly management reports;
- Provide tracking for drill and blast consumables to ensure effective use and forward planning to prevent shortages;
- Provide direct output to manage the explosives supply contract;
- Continually search to developing technology and ensure effective continuous improvement of the section;
- Manage the blasting crews, ensuring that all QA/QC is completed and that charging up complies with design;
- Manage the blast hole drilling operations, ensuring that the designs are complied with, QA/QC done on the drilling, machine operating and development;
- Manage the rebuild/bit sharpening facility;
- Manage the operation of the RC drills;
- Mentoring and development of subordinates in accordance with the succession plan and talent management principles;
- Conducts regular reviews on outputs achieved;
- Document annual agreed upon performance targets linked towards the business strategy; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering;
- Sound knowledge of mining industry practices, regulatory requirements and industry standards;
- Sound computer skills and knowledge of applicable software;
- Opencast mining blasting certificate; and
- Possession of valid drivers’ license
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter scouterecruit.net.