- Position title : Demining Supervisor (Road Construction Projects)
- Place of performance : Mali
- Apply by : 31/01/2021
- Start date : 01/02/2021
- Duration : up to 11 months (@21.75days/month)
- Qualification : Bachelor’s degree in in a related field.
- Sector experience : Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience.
- Geographical experience : Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Language : Fluency in English is essential.
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The Demining Supervisor will provide the Project with quality demining services and advice for effective implementation of the assigned projects. The Demining Supervisor will be required to travel throughout the Country of Service to oversee conformance of the demining operations with IMAS and the Country specific Mine Action Standards.
- Exercise supervisory skills over all demining activities as directed by Our Client and keeping oversight on all Our Client demining activities throughout the Country of Service ;
- Develop, manage and control the Mine Action location for the road reconstruction allocated;
- Regular liaison and coordination of actions with the road reconstruction contracted firm;
- Develop and implement the Survey and Clearance Work Plans to ensure that clearance remains ahead of the road reconstruction teams ;
- Monitor all mine action operations related to the reconstruction of the road to ensure adherence to the Statement of Works, the Survey and Clearance Work Plan, IMAS and the Country specific Mine Action Standards ;
- Request for additional resources and assets to ensure timely completion of the work plan, whenever necessary;
- Inspect, monitor and evaluate technical aspects of the Mines Survey and Clearance activities in operations;
- Compile monitoring reports after visiting operations and provide Our Client’s Project
- Manager and other controlling bodies as required with monthly summary on the mine action support operations for reconstruction of roads and building sites ;
- Investigate all mine incidents and accidents and provide Our Client’s Project Manager with the comprehensive report within 7 days after the occurrence of the incident/accident ;
- Provide technical advice to Our Client’s Project Manager on use and deployment of assets in the mine action support operations for reconstruction of roads or building sites ;
- Train the national Personnel in field operations’ supervision and management ;
- Perform any other task designated by Our Client’s Project Manager.
The Demining Supervisor will report directly to Our Client’s Project Manager ;
- Progress Reports are to be provided on a regular basis or as requested by Our Client’s Project Manager, and as required in case of any incidents.
- Proven mine action expert with the associated qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Military experience is a definite advantage;
- At least five years of field experience, preferably in humanitarian mine action programmes in post conflict countries of low to high risk;
- Thorough knowledge of the IMAS, demining SOPs, technical and safety procedures; Thorough knowledge of all demining and explosive ordnance equipments and techniques – manual, mine detection dogs and mechanical systems;
- Qualified in accident investigation procedures and report writing;
- Proven leadership qualities in high risk and high demand environments preferably in post conflict countries ;
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multinational environment;
- Fluent in spoken and written English ;
- Computer literate.
Team management : No Direct Reports.
Preference will be given to the nationals of Mali.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter recruitmentctg.force.com.