- Position title : Construction Specialists (Manager, Supervisor, Engineers)
- Place of performance : Mali
- Apply by : 31/01/2021
- Start date : 01/02/2021
- Duration : up to 11 months (@21.75days/month)
- Qualification : Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture.
- Sector experience : Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Engineering – Civil experience and/or minimum of 3 years of demonstrable relevant Construction experience.
- Geographical experience : Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Language : Fluency in English is essential.
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
We are looking to hire for multiple positions under upcoming projects with our client in Mali.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation of the assigned project(s) including oversight management and coordination of all administrative and technical aspects of the assigned project(s) in compliance with our client’s policies and procedures. The Project Manager will be required to travel throughout the Country of Service to oversee the implementation of the different components of the assigned project(s).
As Construction Supervisor the Contractor will be responsible for (i) managing the construction & rehabilitation works associated with vertical and horizontal construction and rehabilitation projects as directed by our client ; and (ii) providing engineering inputs as required for other projects that are being implemented by our client. Projects include the construction of roads, buildings and irrigation works using contracted firms and community labourers.
The Road Design Engineer will provide the Project with quality engineering design services and advice for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects. The Road Design Engineer will be required to travel throughout the Country of Service to audit construction conformance with design intent and to ensure the interests of both our client and the stated partner are adhered to by our client’s contracted firm.
Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager will include the following:
- Conduct planning and budgeting practices to create Project plans containing all facets of the Project ;
- Finalizing the designs for structures (horizontal or vertical) with the assistance of the professional advisors and technical Personnel in consultation and concurrence with all the stakeholders and overseeing the preparation and approval of detailed technical specifications, Bill-of-Quantities, Bid documents duly adopting the most cost-effective and efficient mechanisms;
- Providing effective assistance in the procurement process – encompassing pre-qualification of the bidders, floating of bids, receipt, and evaluation of bids and making appropriate recommendations to the Program Manager in conformity with our client’s Procurement Rules and Regulations;
- Initiating advance measures for site preparation and quick inception of construction activities;
- Leading and supervising contracted firms and international construction supervisors on site ensuring that they meet the highest standards expected by our client and timely execution of different elements of construction ;
- Leading the project implementation team and training national engineers in process of development and strengthening of control tools for project management and contract administration ;
- Advising, mentoring, and supervising the national engineers on good construction practices and on possible solutions to problems as and when they arise ;
- Reviewing the material used by contracted firms for compliance with BoQ and specifications and refer to our client’s Architect for approval where required and to technical laboratory where appropriate;
- Maintaining the site diaries and progress reports as required by our client’s Standard Operating Procedures;
- Reviewing the existing practice by contracted firms and make recommendations, where remedial action is required, that will increase the safety and quality in all new and reconstruction projects ;
- Assess the work of contracted firms periodically, measure the completed work and make recommendations to the Program Manager for payments to contracted firms;
- Conduct periodic project review meetings and furnish weekly progress reports to the Program Manager ;
- Perform any other duties assigned by our client.
Related specific responsibilities for the Supervisor :
- The Construction Supervisor will regularly travel throughout the Country of Service for the supervision of works as instructed ;
- Latest construction management principles are to be implemented that will ensure the constructions works are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality ;
- Any delays or cost overruns that can either be prevented or mitigated are to be quickly reported and suggested acceptable solutions to be implemented;
- Close monitoring and on-site supervision of the works is to be undertaken, including the contract administration for the works, and technical advice and assistance to contracted companies and labour ;
- Measurement and recommendation for payment is to be given for completed works;
- Provide training and technology transfer to national Personnel and contractor’s Personnel and advise on good construction practices ;
- Advise on good environmental practices and controls during construction and mitigate environmental impacts of the works;
- Advise on correct safety standards and create awareness amongst contracted firms and Construction Supervisors of their responsibilities to the public and work associates;
- Any other business as assigned by the Project Manager.
The Road Design Engineer will be responsible for :
- Providing design and drafting services for roads design team for the preliminary and detail design phases of a project ;
- Preparing drawings in accordance with our client and the Host Government and internationally recognized standard formats ;
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD or similar type software ;
- Reviewing design and drafting works completed by colleagues or other parties for compliance with original design intent, our client and Host Government standards and internationally recognized best practice ;
- Interpreting survey results into technical drawings ;
- Promoting and improving professional standards for road engineering design ;
- Undertaking design duties as assigned by the our client’s Project Manager ;
- Undertaking any other duties as assigned by our client’s Project Manager.
Technical Support :
The Road Design Engineer is responsible for contributing to Capacity Building on the part of our client by :
- Mentoring and guiding National CAD operators;
- Auditing of on-site construction against intent of the road design and reporting findings to the QC/QA Engineer;
- Advising and supporting the Project Manager and the QC/QA Engineer on any technical design issues arising from the projects;
- Advising the Project Manager on project design in all projects.
The Project Manager will report directly to our client’s Program Manager or his nominated representative for the particular works.
The Construction Supervisor will report directly to our client’s Project Manager (or his nominated representative for the particular works).
The Road Design Engineer will report to our client’s Project Manager but may also be required to provide individual and specific reports to Project Engineers.
Project Manager :
Masters of equivalent degree in Civil Engineering or any other related field; additional years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant bachelor’s degree may substitute for the requirement for a master’s degree;
- Minimum 11 years of progressively responsible experience in construction of either vertical or horizontal structures ;
- Profound experience as a Project Manager with previous exposure in developing countries involving high risk environments;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs ;
- Fluency in written and spoken English ;
- Knowledge of UN policies and procedures will be a definite advantage.
Masters of equivalent degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant field ; additional years of relevant work experience, preferably in combination with a relevant bachelor’s degree, may substitute for the requirement for a master’s degree;
- Minimum 5 years of construction supervision experience working on projects related to roads and buildings construction ;
- Experience in developing countries with similar conditions and development stage to those of Countries of Service will be an advantage ;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Road Design Engineer:
Masters or equivalent degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or any other related field; additional years of relevant work experience in combination with a relevant bachelor’s degree may substitute for the requirement for a master’s degree;
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in engineering and road design related assignments;
- Profound knowledge of at least one internationally recognized Road Design Standards ;
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD or other computer based design packages ;
- Excellent written and spoken English ;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team ;
- Ability to travel and live in regions where risk may extend from high to extreme levels;
- Previous experience in developing countries with similar conditions and development stage to those in Countries of Service under consideration will be an advantage;
- Previous UN experience will be an advantage;
The Manager and Supervisor will have a team to manage.
Preference will be given to the nationals of Mali.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter recruitmentctg.force.com.