Community Superintendent (Mali Based)
- Employer : Leo Lithium
- Location : Mali (ML)
- Salary : Competitive total package
- Closing date : Sep 24, 2023
- Category : Auxiliary & Support Staff
- Work Term : Permanent
- Work Load : Full Time
- Language : English
About Leo Lithium:
Leo Lithium is a lithium company developing the world class Goulamina Lithium Project in Mali. Located approximately 150km south of the country’s capital of Bamako, the Goulamina Lithium Project is one of the largest undeveloped hard rock lithium deposits globally. Leo Lithium plans to develop the world class Goulamina Lithium deposit into West Africa’s first operating lithium mine in 2024.
We offer an inspiring work environment where ambitious individuals can develop their full potential. We are looking for motivated people looking for their next opportunity.
About the role:
The Community Superintendent is responsible for developing strategies and lead projects and programmes that drive the Company’s long term social license to operate. Providing logistics support of field-based project activities.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
This is a multifaceted role including both stakeholder engagement and pipeline construction Supervision. Duties include:
- Developing and managing a community relations and stakeholder engagement strategy and an issues management framework to support the company’s social licence to operate
- Planning and executing local communication and recognition programmes
- Coordinating employee involvement in community initiatives including committee representation and sponsored events
- Attending meetings and community events and representing the Company on various committees and working groups as required both internally and externally in the community
- Responding to public and community enquiries and managing community complaints
- Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with key community stakeholders including state and local government agencies, partners and community representative groups in the area
- Maintaining relationships with key people in state and local government
- Coordination with Water Suppliers
- Employment, training and supervision of professional and non-professional field staff
- Liaison with drilling contractors and landholders
- Oversight of pipeline construction and related aspects
- Contractor field supervision Purchase and maintenance of field equipment, vehicles, supplies and other services and assistance in tenement management activities (e.g. searches, applications and pegging)
To be a successful candidate, you will have:
- Previous experience in supervisory roles within the Mining or related industries
- Extensive experience working with local communities and managing community development programmes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to leverage existing relationships and build new relationship
- Excellent public speaking ability to enable presentations to key stakeholders
How to apply:
If you have the required skills and experience, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to work with Leo Lithium at Goulamina Lithium Project in Mali. We offer a competitive salary package and a supportive work environment where you can grow your skills and career. A detailed Position Description will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.careermine.com.