- Job ID : 2021-2427
- # of Openings : 1 Job
- Locations : ML
- Job Area : Implementation and Management Solutions
- Clearance : Level Not applicable
- Type : Proposal
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party (COP) to support upcoming programming with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Mali.
The Chief of Party (COP) serves as the Contractor’s designated person for overall management of the in-country relationship with OTI and providing Contractor leadership for field management of the Task Order. The COP is responsible for financial and program management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings of the program. Under the guidance and overall technical direction of OTI, the COP provides oversight of activities, including supervision of the program field staff, ensuring appropriate activity design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, and compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
This is a full-time position based in Bamako, Mali. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and program integrity. Overall program direction is provided by OTI through the TOCOR and CR.
- Management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings in this program.
- Financial and program management, oversight, and reporting of Contractor progress and quality of performance in meeting the activity undertakings in this program.
- Serving as the Contractor’s designated person for overall management of the in-country relationship with OTI.
- In close consultation with the CR, providing oversight of grant activities, including supervision of the program staff, ensuring appropriate grant design, ensuring that procedures are established and complied with for grant development, grant worthiness, grant implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and grant closing.
- Under the guidance of the CR or DCR, contributing to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity and program levels and for ensuring that all programming is properly monitored and evaluated.
- Developing familiarity with, and maintaining daily usage of, the OTI Activity Database} and ultimately being responsible for ensuring that the relevant staff use, maintain, and upload weekly to the Activity Database, and that data is consistent and complete.
- Foster and identify strategic opportunities to connect national government, county government, religious figures, civil society organizations, and activists working in the field of countering violent extremism (CVE).
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience and a bachelor’s degree or twelve (12) years of relevant work experience without a bachelor’s degree. Relevant experience entails working in complex, high-speed, and/or challenging field operations in developing countries. At least three (3) years of this experience shall include managing these field operations.
- Experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program.
- A minimum of four (4) years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with programs that provide quick delivery of assistance in response to emerging windows of opportunity.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a wide range of staff and stakeholders.
- Experience with grants management
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs.
- Financial management experience on USG funded projects, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and procurement. Knowledge of FAR and AIDAR required.
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
- Experience with complex political transition programs and/or conflict environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience with in-kind and/or small grants.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints.
- Demonstrated experience working on programs of a similar technical area (countering violent extremism).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing program close-out.
- Experience working in West Africa; prior experience working in Mali highly desired.
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written French.
- Experience with remote management in security-challenged environments
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter careers-dexisonline.icims.com.