Site DT Global
Chief of Party – Mali
- Location: Mali
- Sectors: Administration, Democratization, Public Administration, Decentralization & Local Development, Advocacy
- Languages: Bambara, French
- Work experience: From 10 years
- Expected starting date: Jan 2, 2023
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world-class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information, please see www.dt-global.com
DT Global is seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Rule of Law Activity project in Mali. This activity will focus on creating a “culture of lawfulness” which will create the environment for democracy and the rule of law to flourish in Mali by focusing on both state and traditional justice and educating the clients of justice services.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of program activities. S/he should have a comprehensive understanding of issues related to managing a sub-award/sub-contract program that serves clients in developing countries supported by U.S. Government funding; strong management experience, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in budgeting and financial management. S/he will also have experience in interacting with U.S. Government agencies, other donors, and partners.
- Overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for USAID;
- Oversee the project budget and monitoring and reporting;
- Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with the Contracting Officer’s Representative;
- Coordinate with USAID and relevant, key stakeholders, including partners, government stakeholders, civil society organizations, and other USAID/USG programming in Mali;
- Provide management, strategic direction, and oversight to the activity’s technical, administrative, and financial performance; and
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions and ensure their compliance with USG and DT Global rules and regulations; and
- Represent the activity at conference, working groups, and meetings.
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to rule of law, governance, international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field. In circumstances where a candidate possesses exceptional relevant experience but lacks a graduate or relevant degree, exceptional relevant post-education experience will be considered.
- 15 years of experience managing, designing, and/or implementing projects related to rule of law, democracy, human rights, and/or governance programs with a US Government or donor agency.
- 10 years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience working in conflict-sensitive and fragile contexts.
- Experience managing complex teams and assignments and substantive experience managing and supporting large, complex multi-million dollar USAID programs.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Professional fluency in French is preferred.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter phf.tbe.taleo.net.